Monday, January 15, 2007

What does movie music do for you??


As I sit here watching the Golden Globe Awards, I can't help but think of all the fabulous music that I have heard when at the movies. You've heard me say before that the Hollywood composers are masters of touching emotions with music (and the silent movie pianists before them) and whenever emotions are powerfully touched, the memory is etched and inseparably connected to the music and the emotion. Some of my favorites from childhood (I'm not ashamed to admit) are the Disney tunes like "When You Wish Upon a Star" or "Chim-Chiminee." In my teen years I loved "April Love" and "Lara's Theme" from Dr. Zhivago. I'll always love the theme from "Exodus" and "Bridge on the River Kwai." You get the point, I'm sure. Music affects the mind and the body in as powerful a way as anything I can imagine. I'd love to know your thoughts on this?

No comments: