Sunday, January 28, 2007

The More the Merrier


Yesterday I spoke to huge room-full of people at a beautiful location here in Louisville, KY. The topic was "Music and Stress-Management: Tools You Can Use." I only had about 25 minutes so I was trying to cover quite a bit of material, but as always, hands in the audience started shooting up with people wanting to share their own personal stories of music and healing. I must have had a dozen fabulous stories from men and women about how music had gotten them through hard times, and had entertained them as children when the family couldn't afford a radio or a TV. That's the wonderful things about music...it's free!! All you have to do it open your mouth and sing the first thing that pops into your head or make yourself a little drum with an upside-down trashcan or an oatmeal box. You can even jangle your car keys as you do a tango in your living room or bedroom! Having all those people there yesterday was a real stress-reliever for me because I had been up pretty much all night the night before with a stomach bug. When I left there, I felt great!! Try it!

No comments: