Thursday, December 14, 2006

What Does Holiday Music do for YOU?


This seems to be a controverial topic. Personally, I love Christmas music and I love holiday music in general. It just reminds me of happy childhood times and happy young adult and young parents times. Every decade brings with it new holiday compositions and even though I don't care for all of them ("Grandma got run over by a reindeer"?) I really enjoy many of them and have spent quite a bit of time over the last few years creating my own arrangements of them.

However, I knowquite a few people that seem a bit Grinch-like when it comes to holiday music. I've been told it's "cheesy," "hokey," and too commercial. I guess like all music, it's a very personal thing but I love to play it all year long. To me, it's magical!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love Christmas music all year as well.It always brings back happy memories of when I was a child.Though we never had anything through the year;Christmas there was always plenty.I see colors when I hear Chrismas music reds ,greens,and whites. I love it!