Saturday, December 19, 2009

Christmas Music and the Mind-Body Connection

  Have you noticed a visceral reaction to certain familiar music?  An emotion that is so deeply felt that within seconds you are moved to tears?  This particular Christmas piece by John Rutter does that to me!  Is it because the first time I heard it, it just struck me as a beautiful, spiritual piece that spoke to me to the tips of my toes and the to the bottom of my heart.  To this day, when I hear this beautiful song, I am again quickly overcome with emotion.  It always surprises me and catches me off guard.

When I ask myself what emotion it is coming up in me, I believe that it would have to be gratitude!  I just feel overcome with gratitude for the world, for love, and for forgiveness.  I hope that you enjoy this too!

No comments: