Monday, December 24, 2007

Christmas Eve in Our Nation's Capitol

Greetings from our nation's capitol!! I've had a wonderful holiday visiting my daughter Allison and her husband in Washington, D.C. The music has been awesome during the two times I went to the National Cathedral. The first time was the Lessons and Carols on Friday night and then yesterday morning's 11:15 service. The choir there is simply heavenly and I heard many beautiful anthems, carols and solos that I had only heard on CD's before! For me, it's the music that makes the season come to life for me and I have had a musical feast this year. One piece that stands out for me was an organ fantasia on "Bring a Torch, Jeannette Isabella" at the national cathedral on Friday night. Please enjoy the fantastic music this holiday season!!

No comments: