Thursday, October 26, 2006

Music as Transporter


Are you a Trekkie? I remember years ago when Star Trek first came out. I didn't really "get it" too much, but my husband loved it. One of the few things I really like the idea of was the "transporter room." I thought that was pretty cool.

Yesterday I was driving my car and listening to a CD of old favorites that I put together recently. I love burning my own CDs and this one was quite a mix! The 5th of 6th song was one I used to really love...it's from the musical "Camelot" and is called "I Loved You Once in Silence." It is so beautiful and it had been quite a while since I heard it. I was transported back in time to my teens and all the feelings and images from the place where I went to music camp in the summers. There was a person that I did love in silence. It was very bittersweet, but I loved listening to this song and played in several times in succession until I was finally ready to move on. I'm sure my brain and body were flooded with all kinds of neurotransmitters and hormones. I was transported to another time and place!

No comments: